March 20, 2006

First day of Spring? Really? Where?

Certainly not here. Although it was a gorgeous sunny day today, it was a very cold sunny day today. All this past week, we've had a really mean wind blowing and today was no exception. The high was maybe 33 today. I took a walk after I got home from work and it was just painful. It took a good hour for my nose and my thighs to thaw out. Where oh where is this spring they are talking about? It hasn't hit Maine yet and I'm getting tired of waiting.

I actually got out of bed at 5:00 this morning so that I could work on my Easter exchange project. I can't share the photo but I'm very close to being done with the stitching part. To take my mind off how cold I was on my walk, I mulled over ways to finish the design and I think I'm going to try a rather unusual one and see if it works. It will involve some felt, some ribbon and my hole punch. I will post a picture of the results of my brainstorm once it's been received.

I hope you had a wonderful first day of Spring where ever you are!

1 comment:

Von said...

Oh, Patti, I'm so sorry Spring hasn't even tried to make an appearance for you as yet!! I hate being cold! Well, it can't be too far off now, hang on!