March 7, 2006
My Viola Stitching Accessories
Over the weekend, I finished blanket stitching all of the pieces of my stitching accessories and putting them together. I need to get a different piece of ribbon for the scissor pocket as I think it's too short. Also, I mistakenly glued two pieces of the needlebook pattern together when it should have been two pieces for the scissor keeper. This resulted in my needlebook being very think and it won't stay shut. I'm going to try and steam it on the seam and see if that works. If not, I will go buy a snap and use that to keep it closed. I'm very happy that I completed this kit.
I have another kit of a pumpkin wall hanging that I bought at the same time that I need to complete. But I also started a pumpkin pillow project from a holiday crafts magazine that still needs blanket stitching so I'm going to work on that and see if I can complete it in time for next fall!