March 13, 2006

Getting some Zs

Tonight I started putting the frame of Zs around the rice stitch border on my needleroll. I notices that no matter how I try the tension on my backstitching when I am going diagonal is looser than when I stitch on a straight line. Hmmm..... it sort of sags and I'm afraid to pull it too tightly because I don't want to make the holes larger in the fabric. Does this happen to you? It's not really noticeable overall but I can certainly see a difference when I look at the stitching.

2 comments:

mainely stitching said...

I have to fiddle around with where I bring the needle back up to avoid the dreaded saggy stitches. I'd be happy to hear from someone who really knows the right way to do this.

Anna van Schurman said...

Looking good! I'm afraid I can't shed any light on the diagonal stitches...