May 27, 2006

Cursed Conwy


This is an updated photo of my progress on my Conwy sock from the Nancy Bush book Knitting on the Road. Last night, I had the brilliant idea of trying them on to see how the heel fit and snapped one of the needles. I use Brittany 5" bamboo needles and this was the second of this pair of #1s that I've broken on this sock. Since it was about 7:30pm, there wasn't much hope I'd find another set of needles anywhere in town but I did attempt Walmart. Of course, they had 50 zillion crochet hooks and some straight knitting needles but no dpns. So now I'm waiting for the quilt shop across the street to open and hoping they have a set of 1s in bamboo. I know they don't carry Brittany's but I'm desperate so I'll take anything. Otherwise I have to trek into Kennebunk which on a big tourist weekend is to be avoided if at all possible. I swear it will be a miracle if I ever finish these socks. Maybe I should give them a break and start a really simple sock pattern?

No comments: