May 16, 2006

New Hooker again!


Last night was my second session for my crochet class. The two blue (blue again!!) swatches are my practice squares which the teacher deemed good enough for me to start on the actual purse that we are making in the class. It's a really simple small purse to carry a few things in for a summer outing.

I chose the salmony color cotton yarn at the bottom to work with and got started. It will basically be a long rectangle that will be folded and sewn to create a purse and we'll make a hanger to attach. I must say I enjoy crocheting. I have found it easier to master than knitting for the most part with my greatest difficulty being figuring out how to hold the thread in my left hand to keep tension even and make it possible to crochet at a fair rate.

Next Monday is the last class. I've really enjoyed the instructor - she was also the teacher for my sweater construction class. She had such good short cuts and was a really nice person. She will probably teach some fall classes so I will be on the look out for those.

No comments: