June 11, 2006

Finally drying out!

Today was actually a day with no rain! YEAH!! We had some fairly decent sunshine and pretty nice temps. Cowboy and I went for several very nice walks. I also managed to wash down my porch furniture - everything is covered in green pollen - argh. And I also cleaned off the grill and fired it up so I could use it to grill some shrimp kabobs this evening for dinner. I also ripped and cut out a bunch of maple seedlings that had started to overgrow my lilac bushes. I probably need to do some more cutting but it looks much better than it did. Yard work is hard work! LOL I also managed to do two loads of laundry, wash the dog, mop the bedroom and bathroom floors and clean the bathroom. Boy am I tired!

And I even managed to accomplish some stitching today too! I am supposed to be stitching on UFOs with the LAS bb but since I seem to be the only one UFOing, I didn't feel like picking up my Snug needleroll today. Instead I put some quality time into my HAED Storey Keeper since we finally had some sunshine. It's so much easier to stitch on this with good natural light. Plus I've recently gotten a pair of "cheaters" from the eye doctor to help with over one stitching. Here is progres from May (on the left) and my progress as of today. I will have completed 1,800 stitches with today's work. Seems like an awful small corner for 1,800 stitches doesn't it?

I hope you had a wonderful and productive weekend!

7 comments:

Tracy said...

I feel exhausted just reading about all the work you've done lol.Its seems as soon as the rain stops for you it arrives for me ,now I know we are in the middle of winter here but now the winds are also up and when you live at the top of a hill in a house thats 100 yrs old with lots of large trees its not so much fun. Enjoy your week.

Nicki said...

Gosh you've been busy! You should sleep well after all that :)

Yes, it's a small corner but I can see the trees and the detail already and it's looking great! I don't think you'll get bored with that chart as even a few stitches will show up more detail :)

Karen said...

That is one super productive day! I'm glad to hear it stopped raining for you. It's been raining here since last Wednesday... it's sooooo depressing! lol

1800 stitches!! That's an achievement for sure. It's looking good too.

Sasha Farina said...

you've been busy! So glad you managed to get some stitching done :)

Cindy said...

Yard work is tough! Good to hear you were able to get some stitching in as well :)
That sure is a lot of stitches in that corner! Looks like it has lots of color changes as well...how do you keep all of that straight?

Anonymous said...

Hey you 'guys' send some of that precious rain down to our SE corner of Oz. We sure could do with some. It's gonna be a long, cold, dry winter.

I think you're a brave woman taking on an HAED. There are so many that I'd love to do but I know I'd never finish one. Ahh, maybe one day.........

Unknown said...

I can't believe how beautiful the colors are on that cross stitch! I've been working on a really difficult one for 4 yrs now! I might just have to take it on vacation with me and get more done! It is a Theresa Wetzler (sp)...so if you know her work you know what I'm up against!