June 16, 2006

Yeah - A Finish



This morning I finished up my first summer sock! It is so unbelievable soft. I sure hope I got the sizing right as this will be a gift. It's for someone with a size 6 shoe size - do you think it looks right? Only time will tell I guess. I plan to cast on for the second one momentarily.


Last night I got some decent stitching done at my s&b group at the quilt store. Here are updated photos of my CHS Dainty House Wren and CHS Alphabet Sampler pieces. I started in the middle of Dainty House Wren so the part I'm working on is her skirt. I really like how the colors are coming out on the Ink Spot fabric.

3 comments:

Sasha Farina said...

nice finish.. lovely progress!

Joanie said...

Lovely sock! Darn, I'm a size 7 1/2...they won't fit my feeties...but whoever gets to wear them will have happy feet!

I love your sock yarn, I wish I could knit...they look fun to make!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Congrats on all your progress! They all look great!