June 6, 2006

A little bit of sunshine

Today we had some sunshine for the first time in what seems like a month even though it was only a few days. So far June has not felt very much like summer. And unfortunately they are forecasting more rain - including over the weekend. Ugh. Everything is nice and green but I want to go to the beach and it has felt more like fall this past week than summer.

However, I have been making progress on my summer goal projects - with this weather it's good to have indoor hobbies! Last night I started working on G is for Goose on my CHS alphabet piece. Once I pick this up, I always end up working on it longer than I intend to because it goes so quickly. If I keep up at the pace I've been going, I'll have this particular stitching goal accomplished by the end of June! Which wouldn't be a bad thing as I've got the itch to start a new project - most likely CHS Dainty House Wren which never seems to get started and I've had it kitted up for months.

I've also been making great progress on my first pair of summer socks. I've got about 1/2 an inch more and I'll start the heel on the first sock. This yarn is so incredibly soft to work with - I am definitely in love with this yarn.

I've also read about 65 pages of The Shipping News by Annie Proulx. It's going much faster than the first time I read it but its been long enough since my first reading that I don't remember much so it's all new reading. I'm considering renting the movie version once I've finished to book to see how it compares to the book.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Hi Patti,

I would love to stitch The Dainty Housewren along with you! Or in my case, attempt to finish it!!! I have no idea what my problem is with this as I love the design. I think last time I worked on it I made progress on the words at the bottom and then had to rip them out as I made a big mistake! Maybe this time. I have pulled mine out. When do you plan on starting? I am trying to finish a gift at the moment, but then I hope to rotate my own projects! Sorry to hear it has been rainy where you are. It has been very warm here and we are due to be in the 90s at the end of the week!! A bit too toasty for my tastes!

Von said...

Glad you caught a glimpse of the sun and am really hoping that rain forecasted for the weekend will be diverted out to sea!

mainely stitching said...

Indeed, indoor hobbies are good to have when one is stuck with a wet & chilly spring/summer season! And you are making GREAT progress on everything - good job!!