June 9, 2006

Green Goodness from Australia

This is the lovely package I received from Dot in Australia as part of the yahoo group we both belong to. The group organizes many wonderful exchanges and this one was about a specific color - my choice was green obviously! Dot sent tons of fabulous threads, two really great charts I can't wait to stitch, lovely fabric, the most adorable wooden kangaroo button and a lovely candle with a scent called Lime Mojito as well as some gorgeous hand dyed silk threads in "Tuscan Olive". I will have to go through my stash to find just the right thing to stitch using these beautiful items. Thank you so very much Dot!

In other news, I'm really glad today is Friday. Tomorrow I'm off to the Maine Fiber Frolic in Windsor where I will try to be good and not come home with tons of sock yarn but I'm not promising anything. I'm ready to turn my heel on my first sock with the Summer of Socks KAL and hope to finish the first one and cast on for the mate this weekend.

6 comments:

Joanie said...

What a great exchange! I love all your goodies!

What yahoo group do you belong to?

And have a nice time at the Maine Fiber Frolic...save some $$$ for CATs in September!

mainely stitching said...

I LOVE this exchange and green is my favorite color. Have fun with the goodies!

Danielle said...

Hi Patti--lovely goodies! Have fun at your Fiber Frolic this weekend! I hope to finish a gift. Once that is out of the way I will be ready to get back to work on The Dainty Housewren. I am thinkining Monday or Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, so glad it arrived safely and that you like it. The colour you chose was a bit of a challenge but it's a green tone that I like very much as well so I really enjoyed myself looking for the bits and pieces.

Now, it's about time I got back to my own stitching. I'm enjoying reading about your sock escapades. LOL! Can't wait to see how well you do/don't resist fiber at the Fiber Frolic. ;o)

Sharon said...

What a very lovely exchange! Enjoy!

Anne S said...

What an awesome parcel from Dot - just overflowing with green stuff ... the hard choice will be what to use first! :D