June 18, 2006

Knit Sock Kit Swap Answers!

This is my first time joining a knitting related exchange and I'm really excited about it. The knitalong involves hand making a bag of some sort and then finding a pattern and sock yarn and other knitting related goodies and sending them along to your partner. I've already been mulling around ideas that would incorporate both sewing and stitching to create the bag but I had better not wait to long to get something going.

What are your favorite colors? My favorite colors are green, red and purple.
Are you a new sock knitter? How long have you been knitting socks? I have been knitting socks for about a year now.
Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? I have tons of multicolored but no solids in my stash so it might be nice to have a solid to use for a beautiful stitch design that wouldn't be seen as well with a multicolor.
What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn? I have mainly wool in my stash but am open to experimenting with cotton or combinations. Most important to me is how it will feel on the foot.
Where do you usually knit socks? Either in my living room chair or now that the weather is nice, out on my front porch.
How do you usually carry/store small projects? Right now all my knitting is toted around in a large Vera Bradley bag I got as a gift. I really don' t have any small project bags that would be perfect for sock knitting.
What are your favorite sock knitting patterns? My old faithful sock patter is Classic Socks by Yankee Knitter Designs. I also have Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road which I really like a lot. I'm knitting my first pair of socks out of this book. I plan to get her latest book at some point. My next pair of socks will be an attempt to knit some Jaywalkers.
What are your favorite sock knitting techniques? I only know how to knit on DPNs and I really love the "old fashioned" feel of this.
What new techniques would you like to try? I'm not sure I'm interested enough in learning how to knit on circulars because I really like DPNs.
Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting? Definitely DPNs.
What are some of your favorite yarns? I love, love, love Blue Moon Fiber Arts' Socks That Rock and have recently purchased some Claudia yarn but haven't worked with it yet. Definitely a preference for hand dyed and superwash merino but I'm open to trying new yarns.
What yarn do you totally covet? I'd like to try some Vesper, Lorna's Laces, Sweet Georgia yarns, Lisa Souza or Texas Hill Country hand dyed sock yarns.
Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? Not that I can think of!Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? I love Brittany needles and Addi Turbos.
If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Oh I'd be Socks That Rock by Blue Moon Fiber arts - soft and colorful and just amazing. :-)
Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? I love chocolate and nuts together and especially love dark chocolate.
What's your favorite animal? Horses
Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? I have a 2 year old Jack Russell Terrier named Cowboy that I recently adopted.
If you were a color what color would you be? Either red or purple or a combination because I love both colors.
Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else's). I am a t-shirt person - slogan or not, not too tightly fitting and soft, soft, soft and large.
What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? Any tree
Tell me the best quote you've ever heard or read. I read this on a headstone in the cemetery where I walk daily: "To live in the hearts we leave behind, is not to die". I just think that is soooo powerful.
Do you have a wishlist? Not really. I'm trying to stitch from my stash right now and not buy anything new. If I had to say something, I would like Mason Dixon Knitting or Wendy Johnson's new books.
Anything else you'd like to share with the group today? I so look forward to being in this exchange and to get to know my partner better.

There you have it! My answers and probably a lot more than you needed to know. I'm really very easy to please so whoever has me for a partner needn't worry about what they send. I will love it!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Its amazing how exciting it feels to make something for someone you don"t know isn't it?I've just taken part in my first needlework exchange and can't wait to see what my partner made for me.Good luck