June 19, 2006

Good neighbors

I have to say one of the lucky things about my move to Maine is that I live on a street with very good neighbors - something I never valued all that much as I tend to mind my own business. Tonight after walking Cowboy, I was watering my plants and grass when my behind-me neighbor Sue came out to ask if I liked salmon. The answer was a definite yes. Her husband had grilled salmon for dinner and they had extra. I was the lucky recipient of a "no cooking on my part" dinner of a salmon steak grilled to perfection. Yummy to say the least!

There is a nice cooling breeze blowing in so I'm going to sit and work on my sock for a bit. I also went to the library after work and came back with a renewed Shipping News and three other new books: The Conjurer's Bird by Martin Davies which I had out before but had to return, The Thin Place by Kathryn Davis and London is the Best City in America by Laura Dave. All new authors to me so I hope I like them! What a nice way to end a Monday. Now if I could just figure out my blog spacing error......

4 comments:

lobstah said...

We have neighbors like that...and we are especially lucky 'cause one of them is a trained chef! People up here are definitely nice (for the most part).
Oh yeah, re: your comment on my blog...why didn't I think of a flouncy skirt?? That would've been hilarious!

Danielle said...

It is nice to have nice neighbors--it can be hellish if they are nasty!! All those books are new to me...I will have to go look them up!! I really need to read the Proulx book, too.

Sasha Farina said...

oh you're so lucky!!! Indeed ;)

Von said...

You are truly blessed to have good neighbors. We are blessed too. Most of us in this neighborhood keep mostly to ourselves, but do chat on occasion, wave, borrow things (like cocoa or butter), help out with difficulties, etc. It's nice to know there are people nearby that we can count on in a pinch. :D