November 4, 2011

Magical Day Off


I had the day off today and it was a really great one.  I started off by sleeping in until 7:30 when Beau decided I'd had more than enough shut eye and it was past time to get outside.  We had another wonderfully sunny day which was a bonus.  I walked two streets down to my friend Chris's house and we went out to lunch together.  I wish I had had my camera with me because she's got a gorgeous old home and she has a wonderful knack for decorating.  It was so cozy and welcoming.



I was supposed to have an afternoon appointment but it didn't work out at the last minute so I ended up taking a nice long nap and then getting quite a bit of stitching done.  The house in this block is framed out and I'm now working on the bricks.  I'm really pleased with how quickly this particular block is coming along. I hope to get a bit more done before I'm through tonight.

3 comments:

barbara said...

Ohhh - how lovely!

Chris said...

i so loved our little lunch! such a nice change of pace for me.

i forgot to take a pic of us for "pic of the day", i was so mad when i realized it. lol

thank you for your sweet comments on my house, now if i could just move it to a better location....*sigh*

Chris said...

oh, and i love your stitched house...thanks again for making me some wash cloths!